SBI General Insurance Company Limited is considered one of the leading non-life insurers in India. It is a joint venture between Insurance Australia Group (IAG) and the State Bank of India. The company offers various types of general insurance products. In terms of health insurance, SBI General Insurance health plans offer you achieve better health and a sense of security as well. An unexpected illness or injury can leave you economically distressed due to the rising health care costs. But if you buy SBI General health insurance policy, you can control your medical costs more conveniently. SBI health insurance policies offer tailor-made insurance products to their customers.
- ✔SBI General health insurance policy offers the minimum and maximum Sum Insured of Rs. 50,000 and Rs.500, 000 respectively.
- ✔People up to the age group of 45 do not need to undergo for medical tests.
- ✔Under SBI General Insurance Family Floater policy, you can get comprehensive protection for your family members under one single Policy.
- ✔This policy covers Pre-Hospitalization expenses for 30 days and Post-Hospitalization Expenses for 60 days.
- ✔Available plan options under SBI General health insurance policy are Metro Plan, Semi Metro Plan & Rest of India.
- ✔SBI General health insurance policy can be bought or renewed online. You can also get free quotes on buying policies.
Due to the sedentary lifestyles of individuals make them more prone to illness which requires frequent hospitalization. And the rising medical costs force every individual to have a proper health insurance plan. Here we will discuss why health insurance from SBI General Insurance in India.
- ✔The company offers attractive mediclaim insurance coverage options. A potential consumer of SBI General health insurance policy can choose a Sum Insured amount as per his/her needs and financial limits without any hassle.
- ✔The best part of SBI General medical insurance is that it provides a wide range of plan options which give customers the flexibility to make choices as per their personal preferences.
- ✔It provides coverage of room rent and ICU rent; operation and consultancy charges also do not have any sub-limits.
- ✔At SBI General Insurance, you can renew other insurer mediclaim policies.
- ✔Under Section 80D of Income Tax Act, you can enjoy tax benefits if you buy SBI health insurance policy.
- ✔The company offers free Medical check-up for every 4 claim free years upto the maximum of Rs.2, 500.
- ✔24*7 claim assistance services are available because of the well-trained customer support team.
- ✔Sometimes you can avail attractive discounts on premium.
Different types of health insurance plans are offered by SBI General Insurance Company Limited in India. The plans are,
- ✔Health Insurance Old
- ✔Health Insurance New
- ✔Arogya Plus Policy
- ✔Arogya Premier Policy
- ✔Arogya Top up Policy
- ✔Hospital Daily Cash
- ✔Critical Illness Insurance Policy
Under this plan, you will get coverage for individual as well as for family. It offers the Sum Insured of 50,000 to 5 lakhs. Under this SBI General mediclaim policy no medical test is required upto 45 years age.
This SBI General medical insurance plan is also designed for individual as well for family and provides Sum Insured ranging from 1lakh to 5 lakhs. No pre-medical test is required for people upto 65 years with any medical history.
The Sum Insured options for this SBI General medical insurance plan are Rs. 1,00,000, Rs. 2,00,000 & Rs. 3,00,000. People up to the age of 55 do not need to undergo medical tests. Under this SBI General health insurance policy, you can get covers for pre-hospitalization expenses for 60 days and post-hospitalization expenses for 90 days. It also provides coverage for 142 Day Care expenses and OPD expenses.
This SBI General mediclaim policy is specially designed for high net worth individuals. This policy offers treatments by high ranking doctors or medical professionals. No pre-medical test is required up to 55 years if there is no medical history.
The minimum and maximum Sum Insured options of this plan are Rs 1,00,000 and Rs. 50,00,000 respectively. People upto the age of 55 do not need to undergo medical tests. The best part of this SBI health insurance plan are maternity expenses coverage after 9 months, covers for organ donor, ambulance expenses coverage, automatic restoration of Sum Insured, coverage available for alternative treatments such as Ayush.
Individuals between the age group of 18 to 65 years can eligible for this plan. This scheme offers Daily cash cover for normal hospitalization and hospitalization in ICU.
The maximum Sum Insured option is Rs. 50,00,000. This plan comes in two variants like 1 year and 3 years plan. It provides coverage for 13 critical illnesses.
- ✔Diseases within 30 days of availing insurance.
- ✔Certain surgeries like Hernia, Hydrocele etc will be covered after a waiting period of 1 year.
- ✔Cataract, Hysterectomy etc will be covered after a waiting period of 2 years from the commencement of policy.
- ✔Surgery of joint replacement will be covered after a waiting period of 3 years from the beginning of policy. But there is an exception in case of any accident.
- ✔Sexually transmitted disease and HIV (AIDS) are not included under SBI General medical insurance.
- ✔Treatments with alternative medication like acupuncture, acupressure, osteopath, naturopathy etc are excluded from SBI Health insurance.
- ✔Treatments arising from pregnancy and childbirth.
- ✔Congenital diseases.
Renewing your health insurance policy is extremely important in protecting yourself from any future emergencies. You should set reminders for your SBI General health insurance renewal dates so that you never miss your plan’s renewal date. SBI General health insurance online renewal is easy, smooth, quick and user-friendly. You can renew your SBI General medical insurance plan with just a few mouse clicks. To complete the SBI General health insurance online renewal, you need to follow the below mentioned steps.
- ✔At first, you have to log into the online portal of the Company.
- ✔Then select ‘Renew Your Policy’ tab and enter which health insurance policy you want to renew to initiate your SBI General health insurance renewal process.
- ✔Now click on ‘Renew’ for instant SBI health insurance online renewal.
- ✔Thereafter, you have to pay the premium digitally for the successful completion of your SBI General health insurance renewal.
- ✔Finally, you will receive an authentication mail in your registered mail id. You can download and save your SBI General health insurance online renewal for your future use.
People Also Search For:Best Health Insurance | Best Mediclaim Policy | Buy Health Insurance | Cashless Medical Insurance | Compare Health Insurance | Family Health Insurance | Health Insurance Companies | Health Insurance India | Health Insurance Plans | Mediclaim Policy For Family | Mediclaim Policy For Senior Citizens | Online Health Insurance
1. What does national health insurance mean?
National health insurance is a health insurance system that offers health insurance to a national population against the cost of health care.
2. How is health insurance used?
When you have a health insurance policy, the health insurance company provides financial support in case of serious illness or damages in exchange of a yearly premium. The health insurance company either pays in reimbursement or pays the care directly.
3. What is a public health plan?
Public health plan is a health insurance plan offered by government health insurance providers to the people with lower income so they can pay for their medical care.
4. How much is health insurance for a family of four?
According to Forbes, the premium of health insurance for a family of four is $25,826 per year.
5. Which type of insurance is provided for the people through their employers?
Group insurance policy or private insurance is generally provided for the people through their employers.