Shriram General Insurance Company Limited is a joint business enterprise between Shriram Group and South African financial services group Sanlam Limited. Shriram General Insurance Co. Ltd. holds 74% of stake in the company while Sanlam Limited holds 26% of share in the company. The Managing Director and CEO of the Shriram General Insurance Company Limited is Mr. Jasmit Singh Gujral.
Established in the year 1918, SANLAM is a leading Financial Services Group based in South Africa. The Group has a market capitalization of more than $6 billion. SANTAM is a part of Sanlam Limited, which is engaged in short-term insurance group and is the leading short-term insurance company in South Africa.
Since September 2012, the stake of South Africa based company Sanlam Limited has been transferred to Shriram Capital Ltd. The overall team of Shriram General Insurance comprises of young and vibrant senior executives experienced in the insurance domain to deal with the Underwriting and Claim affairs.
Shriram Group, established in the year 1974, has an overall customer base of over 9.5 million. Shriram Group, being an Indian conglomerate has over 45,000 employees and over 2400 branches all over India. The company has assets under management of Rs. 60,000 crore and a net profit of over Rs. 15 billion. Shriram Group's constant focus on nurturing talent, addressing customer needs and bringing a home-based technology platform while delivering to the underserved segments of the Indian economy, has made sure sustainability and strong growth for over 3 decades.
Having their slogan as “Be Insured…Rest Assured”, Shriram General Insurance Company certainly expresses the service parameters, spirit and customer satisfaction. The effective service and credibility of Shriram General Insurance lie in the fact the company has been awarded “Excellence in Growth Award” for 2 consecutive years in 2011 and 2012 respectively. Sriram General Insurance is aiming to become the FIRST CHOICE in terms of General Insurance Company of India. The business philosophy of Shriram General Insurance is to serve the largest number of common people in the country.
Being one of the reputed General Insurance Companies in India, Shriram General Insurance provides to all types of general insurance products. SGI offers Car Insurance, Two Wheeler Insurance, Home Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance and miscellaneous other insurance policies.
Shriram General Car Insurance Policy
From Shriram General, you can buy or renew your car insurance policy online from your home with ease and comfort in a few easy and simple steps. Shriram general car insurance policy, you are offered a comprehensive coverage that not only safeguards your car against the obligatory third party liability claims, but also against the damages or losses caused to your four wheeler due to theft, fire, burglary, explosion, earthquakes, strikes, riots, flood, accidents, cyclones, terrorist activities and malicious acts. Apart from the above mentioned, in exchange of having Car Insurance policy from Shriram General Insurance, you can get the benefit of enhanced protections through the unique car insurance add-on covers provided by the company.
Along with the above benefits on offer from online car insurance from Shriram General, you can avail up to 50% No Claim Bonus (NCB) on the renewal of your car insurance policy even if you have insured your car with any other car insurance provider in India. Shriram General also offers 24x7 customer support regarding car insurance policies or any other assistance. With the car insurance policies from Shriram General Insurance, you can be certain to avail the best covers at low premiums. The company also provides their car insurance online policy buyers with hassle-free cashless claim service at their preferred network garages. Shriram general Insurance makes sure you get speedy claim settlement and also lets you track your claim status online.
Shriram General Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
With Shriram General bike insurance policy, you can BE INSURED… REST ASSURED. Shriram General Insurance has come up with an exclusive range of effective Two Wheeler Insurance Policy for their valuable customers nationwide. Given that we have lots of things to worry about in the modern era, Shriram General Insurance makes sure you don’t have to stress anymore about the protection of your two wheeler vehicle. Buy or renew Shriram General two wheeler insurance online and enjoy protected ride with your two wheeler. The company aims to shield you from the financial loss incurred for the repairing of your vehicle and replacement of the parts of your bike eventuality due to damage or theft. Apart from the above discussed, Shriram General bike insurance online also protects you against the compulsory third party liability. In addition, the availability of enhanced protections through Nil Depreciation add-on cover is also available with Shriram General Insurance.
Shriram General two wheeler insurance covers you against any damage or loss caused your vehicle resulting from a number of Natural Calamities such as fire, self-ignition or lightning, explosion, flood, earthquake, hurricane, storm, typhoon, inundation, tempest, hailstorm, cyclone, landslide, frost, rockslide. The policy also covers any loss or damage to your bike due to a number of manmade calamities such as theft, strike, riot, terrorist activity, burglary, accident by external means, malicious act, any damage to the vehicle whilst it’s in transit by rail, road, inland waterway, elevator, lift, air, etc. Third party legal liability is also taken care of the policy. In case of your vehicle is held accountable for “Third Party” property damage, Shriram General two wheeler insurance policy will offer compensation up to Rs. 100,000/-.
Shriram General Commercial Vehicle Insurance
Given that your commercial vehicle is not only of a high value asset but also a highly valued possession, you must make sure that this possession of yours is protected with the best insurance plan. In today’s era you must buy comprehensive policy not only to cover against the obligatory third party liability claims but also to get your commercial vehicle protected against the losses or damages caused due to theft, fire, accidents, burglary, explosion, strikes, earthquakes, cyclones, flood, riots, terrorist activities and malicious acts.
When you buy commercial vehicle policy from Shriram General Insurance, you are offered various benefits such as direct settlement facility at special garages, options to enhanced protection through unique and effective add-on covers, hassle free claims settlement, etc.
Shriram General Home Insurance Plans
Your dwelling comprises of the house you live in and anything attached to it and the structure itself like a garage, porch or deck etc. It also includes any built-in appliances you might have. Most of the people don’t consider the importance of home insurance. However, it should be your first and foremost responsibility to secure your dwelling place. Home insurance policy from Shiriram General Insurance covers the covers the structure of your home, and also a number of perils that could damage to your property. You can also cover structures that aren’t directly attached to your home, such as a separate guest house, under this policy. Home insurance from Shriram General covers the following perils under Standard Fire and Special Perils Policy for Dwelling:
- ✔Fire (excluding own fermentation, spontaneous combustion or natural heating, drying process or undergoing heating, burning of property by the order of public authority).
- ✔Explosion / Implosion (excluding economizers, boilers, vessel in which steam is generated).
- ✔Aircraft Damage (excluding loss or damage caused by pressure waves).
- ✔ Impact Damage by road vehicles/ rail not belonging to the insured or their employee.
- ✔Strike, Riots, Malicious damage – physical damage by external violent means.
- ✔Bursting, over-flowing of water tanks, Pipes and Apparatus.
- ✔Storm, Typhoon, Tempest, Cyclone, Hurricane, Flood, Tornado, and Inundation.
- ✔Subsidence, Rockslide / Landslide.
- ✔Leakage of automatic Sprinkler (excluding alteration or repair of the building).
- ✔Missile testing Operations.
- ✔Bush Fire (excluding forest fire).
Shriram General Personal Accident Policy
This Shriram General insurance policy has been specifically designed to cover individual or group of people against death and disablement (permanent/total/partial) from accidental bodily injury. The policy offers worldwide coverage. The coverage under Shriram General Personal Accident Policy is following:
- ✔Death only (equal to the Sum Insured). The Sum Insured will be doubled if death is caused from an accident while traveling in commercial aircraft/cruise (ship) as a fare-paying passenger.
- ✔Loss of two limbs / two eyes or one limb and one eye (compensation paid equivalent to the S.I).
- ✔Loss of one limb or one eye (compensation paid equivalent to 50% of the S.I).
- ✔Permanent Total Disablement from Injuries other than those named above (Compensation paid equivalent to the S.I).
- ✔Covers Permanent Partial Disablement (PPD)
- ✔ Medical Expenses is offered for Rs. 5000 per amputation.
Shriram General Overseas Travel Insurance Policy
Travel insurance policy from Shriram General Insurance Company is specifically designed to suit the requirements of an individual who has undertaken an overseas travel for leisure, holiday and/or business purpose. There are three types of travel insurance plans on offer for the same and you can choose them in terms of your requirements.
Travel policies from Shriram General Insurance offers the coverage such as cashless hospitalization worldwide, medical expenses cover, repatriation of mortal remains, daily allowance in case of hospitalization, dental treatment, total loss of checked in baggage, delay of checked in baggage, travel delay, loss of passport, personal liability, personal accident, hijack distress, financial emergency assistance, trip cancellation & interruption, trip curtailment, missed connection, etc and many more.
Apart from the insurance products and service provided by Shriram General Insurance, the company alsohas a number of insurance products on offer for commercial, business and engineering sector among others.
- ✔Standard fire & special perils policy
- ✔Industrial all risk policy
- ✔Fire loss of profit policy
- ✔Contractors All Risk Insurance Policy
- ✔Erection All Risk Insurance Policy
- ✔Electronic Equipment Insurance Policy
- ✔Machinery Breakdown Insurance Policy
- ✔Contractor's Plant and Machinery Insurance
- ✔Boiler & Pressure Plant Insurance Policy
- ✔Professional Indemnity- for Doctors and Other Than Doctors
- ✔Commercial General Liability
- ✔• Error & Omissions- for Medical Establishments
- ✔Product Liability
- ✔Public Liability- Non Industrial
- ✔Public liability- Act
- ✔Workman Compensation Insurance
Shri Suraksha Insurance
Householder's Umbrella Package Insurance
Shopkeeper Umbrella Insurance Policy
Fidelity Guarantee Policy
All Risk Insurance
Business Protector Policy
The renewal of Shriram General insurance policies is equally important as purchasing one. You must make sure your policy purchased from Shriram General is renewed on time to keep the services intact. Any break in the renewal of your policy will cost you to lose your No Claim Bonus. You can renew your policy from Shriram General Insurance Company Limited instantly online without any hassle.
All you will be required to do is to visit the official website of Shriram General and click on “QUICK RENEWAL”. Thereafter enter your policy number and proceed to the payment gateway. Pay the premium of your Shriram General insurance renewal online via credit card, debit card or net banking. After the successful payment of your premium you will be done with the renewal. You will receive renewal confirmation on mail from the company. You can download the same from the portal of Shriram General Insurance Company.
How to Register Claims with Shriram General Insurance?
The reason why you would purchase policies from Shriram General Insurance is to get the benefits from the same when you file a claim. Find out the detailed step by step claim process of Shriram General Insurance Company below.
- Step1: You are required to make sure that the following information is ready with you at the time of registering a claim with Shriram General Insurance.
- ✔Proposal no. /Policy no.
- ✔Date & time of Accident
- ✔Survey location, where vehicle can be surveyed by the loss assessor of Shriram General Insurance
- ✔Estimated loss / description
- ✔Name of the driver and contact no. along with Driving License details
- ✔Insured contact details
- New India Assurance Company Limited
- National Insurance Company Limited
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Limited
- United India Insurance Company Limited
- Oriental Insurance Company Limited
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Co. Ltd
- SBI General Insurance Company Limited
- Star Health and Allied Insurance Co Ltd
- Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Limited