Two wheeler insurance policy falls under the general insurance category in India. As per Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, two wheeler insurance is obligatory in the country. Bike insurance policies are designed to shield the owner of a vehicle from any unexpected or unforeseen incidents such as road accidents or any such. Online two wheeler insurance policy offers coverage to the rider or owner of a motorcycle against various unpredictable damages due to unforeseen circumstances like theft, disasters etc.Online bike insurance policy provides coverage for all types of two wheelers, be it a scooty, scooter, motorcycle or a sports bike regardless of its personal or commercial use. Two wheeler insurance in India is provided only by the insurance companies that are registered under IRDAI. Bike insurance is the ultimate solution to battle with the high costs of damages done to your motor cycle due to an accident.
Two wheeler insurance online in India is a legal contract between the owner of a two wheeler and a two wheeler insurance company that assures of reimbursement in case of any damage or loss. The Sum Insured for two wheeler insurance is determined upon the IDV (Insured Declared Value) of your bike. You will have to pay a certain amount of money as a premium to enjoy the benefits of online two wheeler insurance policies in India. Bike insurance online policy can be purchased with effective additional covers. It’s advisable to compare two wheeler insurance online to get the best coverage for your bike.
No one knows the stress and mounting bills that come with a motorcycle accident better than the bike riders. No matter how carefully you manage your two wheeler or how cautiously you drive it, accidents are just something that we have no control over. A road accident involving your bike can cost you more than you can imagine. Bike insurance online policy can take care of all your expenses resulting from an unforeseen accident. Best bike insurance policy provides you with multiple benefits such as two wheeler insurance premium discounts, NCB etc.
It’s important to buy two wheeler insurance since it provides monetary protection against a bike accident, theft, loss or damage. Bike insurance online comprises of liability coverage in case you are accountable for another person`s injuries or property damage. It’s equally significant to go for online bike insurance renewal to enjoy the benefits of a two wheeler policy without break. But make sure you don’t forget to compare two wheeler insurance online before you buy or renew bike insurance.
There are basically two types of two wheeler plans available to choose from – Third Party Two Wheeler Insurance and Comprehensive Two Wheeler Insurance. You will get the coverage depending upon the type of online two wheeler insurance plan you choose. Compare two wheeler insurance online to avail the best plan for your two wheeler at an affordable price.
• Third Party:Third party liability only plan for two wheeler is compulsory for every vehicle on road. The third party bike insurance online policy covers any loss or damage caused to a third party or their property. The policy pays for third party property damage upto Rs. 7.5 lacs. The only drawback of third party two wheeler insurance is that the policy does not provide any financial cover for the insured vehicle or its occupants.
• Comprehensive:Comprehensive bike insurance policy offers total coverage for your two wheeler. The policy takes care of legal liability and own damage as well. Comprehensive two wheeler insurance plan comes with extensive rider and flexible options and the coverage can be enhanced as per your requirements and preferences.
Motorcycle insurance online has wide-ranging coverage on offer for both the vehicle and its rider. Relevant in this context, before you renew or buy two wheeler insurance online, remember that the cheapest bike insurance plans may not provide you with the type of coverage you are looking for. So it’s always wise to go for an affordable yet the best bike insurance online than opting for the cheapest priced two wheeler insurance for your bike or scooter to cut cost on your premium. Here’s what two wheeler insurance policies cover.
• Third Party LiabilityIn the event where a third party suffers injuries or death, or his/her property is damaged because of your vehicle, your motorcycle insurance will cover the financial liability.
• Natural CalamitiesOnline two wheeler insurance policies provide protection against natural calamities like earthquakes, fire, lightning, floods, rockslides, landslides, typhoons or storms, hurricanes, cyclones, frost, explosions, rain, self-ignitions, inundations etc.
•Manmade Calamities Protection against manmade calamities such as a mishap or accident resulting from external factors like strikes, thefts, riots, vandalism, collision, burglary, malicious acts etc. Two wheeler insurance policies also cover the damages during transit via rail, road, air or water.
• Personal Accident Coverage Riders of two wheelers are at a higher risk than any other vehicle drivers. Personal accident cover for two wheeler insurance provides compensation for damages suffered while riding, mounting or dismounting the bike.
Two wheeler insurance renewal must be given the same amount of importance you give when you purchase online two wheeler insurance. Timely two wheeler insurance policy renewal has its perks such as availing attractive discounts and many other benefits. The process for online bike insurance renewal is easy and hassle-free. You can opt for long term bike insurance when you go for two wheeler insurance policy renewal online to get exclusive coverage at a lower premium rates. It’s advisable to compare various two wheeler policies when you opt for Two wheeler insurance renewal online. There are a few steps that you need to follow to complete online bike insurance renewal.
• Log into the official portal of your insurer or visit the site of an insurance aggregator such as GIBL.IN for instant two wheeler insurance policy renewal.
• Enter your previous policy number, your personal details and vehicle details for online bike insurance renewal.
• Once done, you will be asked to make online payment for your two wheeler policy premium amount for the completion of two wheeler insurance policy renewal.
• Pay the premium through net banking, credit or debit card and you will be done with your two wheeler insurance policy renewal online.
• Lastly, save the bike insurance renewal documents for further future use. You’ll be forwarded a copy of your bike insurance policy renewal softcopy in your email id as well.
Online two wheeler insurance policy ensures maximum protection for your motorcycle. Here are some of the best benefits you can avail against two wheeler insurance renewal online.
• Two wheeler insurance policies cover the damages resulting from various natural and manmade calamities and will also compensate in case of death of the rider-owner.
• When you renew bike insurance online on time you no longer have to worry about the legal liabilities in case of accidents involving your two wheeler.
• You don’t have to pay from your pocket in case of any damage to your two wheeler. Your online two wheeler insurance policy will take care of all such expenses.
• You will be entitled to avail such discounts like No Claim Bonus (NCB) if you have two wheeler policy. This NCB is applicable when you renew bike insurance.
• The objective of an ideal two wheeler insurance plan is to provide you widespread protection through worry-free rides.
• Enjoy the benefits of cashless garage facility under two wheeler insurance policy. In case your two wheeler needs a repairing, visit the cashless garage registered with your insurer so you don’t have to pay upfront for the damages.
Add-on Covers for Two Wheeler Insurance Policy in India
• Add-on covers for two wheeler are basically extra coverage options that you purchase for a better financial protection to deal with accidents or other mishaps. Different add-ons for two wheeler come with different costs and benefits and could add a few thousand rupees to your basic bike insurance premium cost. Therefore, add-ons certainly impact the premium amount you pay. Two wheeler insurance company offers various add-on covers for the protection of your two wheeler. Here are some of the best add-on covers you can purchase with your two wheeler policy.Zero Depreciation
• Your online comprehensive two wheeler Insurance policy will compensate for the repair costs only after the insurance company has deducted the depreciation amount of your bike’s damaged parts. But if you have zero depreciation add-on you can claim for the depreciated amount as well. Thus you will receive the whole value irrespective of the depreciation amount.Pillion Rider Add-on Cover
• This add-on offers coverage for the pillion rider - the person sitting behind your two wheeler. In case the co-passenger is injured, this additional personal accident cover for the pillion rider will provide compensation. Note that this add-on is totally separate from a personal accident cover for owner-driver. Return to Invoice Cover
• This add-on cover comes into rescue in case your bike suffers damage that is beyond repairs. If you have this add-on, the bike insurance company will pay the entire market value of your bike when you file a claim. The amount that you will be paid will have nothing to do with depreciation. Roadside Assistance Cover
Why to Compare Bike Insurance Online?
• Online two wheeler insurance has undoubtedly given us access to a lot of options. But still, it isn’t that easy to unearth the lowest priced two wheeler insurance policy that offers extensive coverage. That’s why online two wheeler insurance comparison is a must. When you compare bike insurance online, you are automatically entitled to get the best two wheeler policy. You can make an informed and precise decision about insurance buying if you compare two wheeler insurance online. You should compare online two wheeler insurance quotes offered by different insurers to avail the best two wheeler policy. Here are some of the reasons why you should compare bike insurance online before you buy two wheeler insurance.Best Policy at the Lowest Premium
• If you compare bike insurance online you can avail the most suitable insurance policy for your two wheeler at the lowest policy premium.Pick from Various Insurance Companies and Their Products
• You can individually pick and choose from a number of insures and choose only the best plan among them if you compare two wheeler insurance online.Cost Saving
• If you want to save money on your bike insurance premium then it’s necessary to compare bike insurance online.It’s Easy to Compare
• Online two wheeler insurance comparison isn’t as hard as it sounds. In fact the procedure is very simple. The entire procedure for online two wheeler insurance comparison is as easy as a piece of cake.You Can’t Trust an Insurance Agent Since insurance agents always care about their own profit, you can’t really trust them in terms of buying two wheeler insurance. Therefore it’s wise to compare two wheeler insurance online before you buy two wheeler insurance.
You can effortlessly and efficiently buy two wheeler insurance online from GIBL.IN, one of the fastest growing insurance aggregators in India. If you are on the lookout for the best yet tailor-made two wheeler insurance plan for your bike, scooter, scooty etc. – GIBL is the best place to purchase, compare and renew bike insurance online. Below are the simple steps to compare and buy two wheeler insurance online in India.
• Visit an insurance broking online portal for easy comparison, purchase or renewal of your two wheeler policy.
• Enter minimal details, fill the online form and get instant online two wheeler insurance quotes.
• Compare the quotes and various two wheeler insurance plans offered by different insurance companies thereafter.
• Choose the online policy that suits your preferences and budget. Opt for any add-on cover for your bike insurance if you want to.
• Proceed to the payment section to finalize your bike insurance purchase or renewal online.
• Once the premium payment has been made, you are done with the purchase or renewal of your bike insurance policy online.
We, at GIBL.IN, provide the best bike insurance policies at an affordable price. We also offer 24/7 assistance regarding claim settlement. The purchasing or renewal of two wheeler insurance plan is easy, simple, quick and transparent. Renew policies for expired two wheeler at GIBL.IN instantly anytime.
You can renew your two wheeler insurance policy in two ways: online and offline.Online Bike Insurance Renewal Procedure
In order to renew your bike insurance policy online, you may log on to the official website of the insurance company and follow the on-screen steps for two wheeler insurance online renewal. You must make sure that the filled-in data such as policy details and personal details are correct. Also, it’s advisable to keep the existing policy with you at the time of renewal so that you can refer to it in case of any details like policy number and so on.
In addition, don’t forget to keep your debit cards or internet banking details handy so that you can provide the information while making payment. In general, insurance companies generate a digital policy in the PDF format which does not need any person’s signature on confirmation of the online premium payment. Make sure that you save this PDF file in a secured location since you may require it later. Also, take a print out of the same and keep it with you when you ride.
You can also renew your two wheeler insurance policy in the traditionally way by visiting the insurance provider’s nearest office. The offline bike insurance renewal process is actually very simple although you will have to arrange some time to go to the branch. Make sure that you know your vehicle and policy details and fill the same in the application form. You can opt for any additional riders if you want to buy any.
The insurance officer on your service at the branch will hand you over the new policy instantly after paying the premium by debit card, demand draft or cash. Note that cheque payments require time to clear and your policy document is generally emailed on your official email address subject to cheque clearance.
In case you forget your two-wheeler insurance renewal date, the policy is considered as break-in policy. Therefore, it is important to remember the expiry date and renew the policy accordingly prior to the due date so that the policy doesn’t expire or lapse. With GIBL.IN, you can easily renew your bike insurance policy online after expiry. And the best part this is that there will be no vehicle inspection if you renew your expired two wheeler insurance online.
Check out some of the special benefits that you can get when you renew an expired bike insurance policy through GIBL.IN:
• You will not require to pay any additional charges
• Instant issuance of policy
• Get assistance from our call centre
• Renew the insurance policy for your bike or scooty without any inspection or documentation
• You will not require providing any previous policy details for cases where the policy has expired for more than 90 days.
• Save money through a side-by-side comparison and opt for the one that fits your pocket best
• With GIBL, the online renewal of expired two wheeler insurance policy is easy and quick.
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDA) has revised the third party premium rates for two wheeler insurance policy. In the below table, check out the increased premium rates of third party party 2-wheeler insurance in India:
|Vehicle not exceeding 75cc||Rs. 427/-||Rs. 482/-||12.88%|
|Exceeding 75cc to 150 cc||Rs. 720/-||Rs. 752/-||4.44%|
|Exceeding 150cc to 350 cc||Rs. 985/-||Rs. 1193/-||21.11%|
|Exceeding 350 cc||Rs. 2323/-||Rs. 2323/-||No change|
Choosing the right and perfect two wheeler insurance policy is not as easy as choosing and buying your favorite bike. Given that there are a bunch of insurance companies in India providing you with two wheeler insurance; it becomes complicated and confusing to unearth the best among them. However, GIBL.IN makes it simple, easy and straightforward for you. Regardless the type of two wheeler vehicle you have be it a scooter or scooty or bike or cruiser or sports bike etc., you can easily compare and choose the best two wheeler insurance policy online without any hassle. The best way is to compare bike insurance policies online prior to buying one.Things to Consider at the Time of Comparing Two Wheeler Insurance Policies:
• Compare the type of Coverage (Third Party Legal Liability and Comprehensive cover)
• Compare Insured Declared Value (IDV)
• Compare Premium
• Compare different Add-on Covers
• Compare cashless network garage list
• Best Plan: Easily compare different policies on offer to avail the best plan for your two wheeler vehicle
• Save More Money: Compare two wheeler insurance from top insurance companies in India to save money
• Add-on Covers: Compare add-on covers that are on offer by a range of insurers
• Insured Declared Value (IDV): You can compare the Insured Declared Value (IDV) offered online by different insurance companies in India
GIBL.IN is here to make the comparison of Two Wheeler Insurance Policy easy and effortless. We understand that there are a bunch of insurance companies nowadays selling these policies and therefore, it becomes quite difficult and confusing to choose the best one. This is exactly where GIBL comes into the big picture. We basically help you in making the right choice when it comes to buying renewing or comparing different policies online.
GIBL basically provides you with an easy and smooth platform for online insurance comparison. All you will have to do is simply enter the details regarding your two wheeler vehicle like the make, model, variant, the year of purchase and RTO location. After entering all these details you can click on Get Quotes. Thereafter, you can see the different insurance policies offered by the top insurance companies in India. You can effortlessly compare all the details, features and the premium quoted. With GIBL, the comparison of two wheeler insurance policy is instant and simple.Offline Bike Insurance Renewal Procedure
You can also renew your two wheeler insurance policy in the traditionally way by visiting the insurance provider’s nearest office. The offline bike insurance renewal process is actually very simple although you will have to arrange some time to go to the branch. Make sure that you know your vehicle and policy details and fill the same in the application form. You can opt for any additional riders if you want to buy any.Steps by Step Guide to Compare Two Wheeler Insurance Policies Online
• Choose the Renewal menu
• Choose or enter the registration (RTO) and registration year of your two wheeler vehicle.
• Enter the RTO Location - the registration details of your two wheeler.
• Enter your mobile number, email id and policy expiry date.
• State whether your have taken any claim during the previous policy term.
• Finally, click on “Continue to View Quotes” option
• Calculate Your Bike Insurance Quotes Online
In order to get the right premium you are required to enter the basic details regarding your two wheeler vehicle like the bike number, bike’s make, model, registration zone etc. After you have entered all these details, policy details etc., you will be able to see premiums from different insurers on display. After that, you can compare the policies, the premium price for each feature and premium breakups as per your convenience.
If you want to purchase only liability cover, choose “TP Only” menu from the bike insurance page. It will give you the premium amount for the same only. Keep in mind that the third party liability premium is same for every company since it is decided by the IRDA every year and is liable to change every year. To calculate the two-wheeler insurance premium for a comprehensive cover select “Comprehensive” cover. Keep in mind that the two wheeler comprehensive premium differs from one insurance company to another.
Two Wheeler Insurance Claim Process
Notify the insurance company and register the claim
• File an FIR with the police station in case of property damage/accidental injuries/or theft
• Take the motorcycle to the garage
• Submitting the necessary documents along with the duly filled claim form.
• According to the applicable terms and conditions, the insurance company bears all the covered expenses and you as a policyholder have to bear only the expenses that are not covered under the policy. The policy holds information on the expenses that are excluded.
• You can also fill in the motor insurance claim form and put together related documents required, for instance, a copy of driving license, original bills (if required), and submit it to the insurance company by visiting the nearest branch; and get your bike repaired at the network garages.
• What’s Not Covered under Two Wheeler Insurance?
You will not require to pay any additional charges
• Depreciation or any consequential loss from regular use, if it is not covered by an add-on
• Any loss or damage from electrical or mechanical breakdowns
• Any loss or damage caused due to normal wear and tear of the vehicle
• Any damage to tyres/tubes in the normal course of the running of the vehicle
• Any damage or loss incurred while the vehicle is being used outside the scope of coverage
• Loss or damages occurred while the driver was driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
• Doesn’t cover any damage or loss to the vehicle due to mutiny or war or from nuclear risk
• The policy will not cover any damage to loss the vehicle while driven by a person without a valid driving license