TATA AIG General Insurance Company Limited is one of the largest private sector general insurance companies in India. TATA AIG has a number of general insurance products on offer. Two wheeler insurance is one of them. Since two wheelers are mainly prone to various dangers, you must make sure that your ride is protected with the best bike insurance policy in India. You must not consider that lower wheel means lower care. You two wheeler vehicle takes you through the longest of distances and the narrowest of streets. So why not secure it the best way possible. TATA AIG understands all the risks as well as the protection that is required to keep your rides carefree and smooth. You can instantly buy or renew TATA AIG two wheeler insurance online very easily by visiting the official website of the company.
TATA AIG two wheeler insurance comes with comprehensive protection for your bike. The policy offers third party liability cover, own damage cover and additional covers that can be purchased in exchange of added premium. Find out more about the comprehensive coverage of TATA AIG two wheeler insurance online below in details.
Own Damage Cover
TATA AIG bike insurance online indemnify the insured person against loss or damage to the insured vehicle
- ✔by fire, explosion, lightning, self-ignition;
- ✔by strike and riot;
- ✔by earthquake (Fire and Shock Damage);
- ✔by housebreaking, burglary, theft;
- ✔any damage to the vehicle whilst in transit by road, rail, inland –waterway, elevator, lift or air;
- ✔by typhoon, flood, tempest, hurricane, inundation, cyclone, storm, hailstorm, frost;
- ✔by malicious act;
- ✔by terrorist activity;
- ✔by accidental external means;
- ✔by landslide, rockslide.
Third Party Liability Cover
In accordance to the liability as laid down in the schedule of the policy wording, TATA AIG General Company will cover the insured in case of an accident arising out of or caused by the use of the insured vehicle against all circumstances which the insured shall become legally liable to pay with regard to
- ✔Bodily injury to or death of any person including occupants carried in the insured vehicle given that such occupants are not carried for reward or hire. Except for thus far as it is essential to meet up the requirements of Motor Vehicles Act, the Company shall not be legally responsible where such injury or death coming out of and in the course of the employment of such person by the insured.
- ✔Damage to property except for the property belonging to the insured or in the custody or held in trust or control of the insured.
Personal Accident Cover for Owner-driver
In case of an accidental death or bodily injury sustained by the Owner - Driver of the vehicle, Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited will pay.
Add-ons Available with TATA AIG Bike Insurance Online
Add-on covers stand for addition covers that are not basically included in your comprehensive motor insurance policy. Add-on covers come with added benefits. You will have to pay additional premium in order to enjoy the benefits of add-on covers with TATA AIG two wheeler insurance policy. Find out below different types of effective add-on covers that you can opt for with your TATA AIG bike insurance online.
- ✔Third Party Property Damagecover will permit you to increase the highest payable amount in case of third party property damage.
- ✔Additional Personal Accident Cover is available to Owner-Driver which will allow you increase the maximum payable amount in case of personal accident.
- ✔Personal Accident Cover is available to unnamed persons which will enable you to increase the highest payable amount in the event of an accident involving a passenger.
- ✔Emergency Medical Expenses add-on cover will compensate you against medical expenses incurred for bodily injury sustained by you with respect to the insured two wheeler vehicle.
- ✔Consumable Cover will compensate the cost of replenishing/ replacing engine oil, nuts and bolts etc. arising out of an accident.
Purchasing bike insurance online from TATA AIG General Insurance Company doesn’t really mean that it will cover you under each and every circumstance. There are some exclusions under TATA AIG two wheeler insurance online. This means, the policy will not compensate or cover your vehicle under specific conditions such as:
- ✔Damage to Tyres and Tubes unless the two wheeler vehicle is damaged at the same time. In such cases, TATA AIG will be liable to pay for the limited 50% of the cost of replacement.
- ✔Doesn’t cover any damage or loss to the vehicle arising out of depreciation, consequential loss, electrical or mechanical breakdown failures, wear and tear, breakages;
- ✔Any accidental damage or loss and/or liability caused incurred or sustained at the same time as the vehicle insured is being used for other purpose than in compliant with the Limitations as to Use or being driven by or is for the purpose of being driven by him/ her in the charge of any person except for a Driver as stated in the Driver’s Clause
- ✔Damage or loss to the accessories by housebreaking, burglary or theft if the vehicle is also not stolen at the same time
- ✔Any accidental damage or loss suffered whilst the insured or any person driving the two wheeler vehicle with the consent and knowledge of the insured is under the influence of intoxicating substances such as drugs and liquor.
- ✔The policy doesn’t cover any accidental damage or loss and/or liability caused incurred or sustained outside the Geographical Area.
- ✔The policy will not be liable to cover any claim coming out of any contractual liability.
- National Two Wheeler Insurance
- New India Two Wheeler Insurance
- United India Two Wheeler Insurance
- Oriental Two Wheeler Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Two Wheeler Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance
- SBI Two Wheeler Insurance
- Iffco Tokio Two Wheeler Insurance
- Reliance Two Wheeler Insurance
- Bharti AXA Two Wheeler Insurance