Scooty insurance is a must if you own a scooty or scooter. The present generation is crazy about scooty. It's quite common to spot an individual with a scooty. Men or women, all are driven towards the new models of scooty. However, scooty insurance equally has gained popularity. Since it's a motor vehicle, every scooty needs insurance before an individual can drive it on the Indian road.
An effective scooty insurance policy will ensure complete protection to the vehicle against any damage. It will take care of the costs of repairing or replacement in the event of an unforeseen accident or theft. It is important to ensure that you have the best scooty insurance policy for widespread coverage.
Find out some of the unique features and benefits of a scooty insurance policy below:
- ✔Scooty insurance or two-wheeler insurance policy is classified under a motor insurance plan, a division of the general insurance industry.
- ✔Scooty Insurance policies have also been designed to provide complete coverage against many definite occurrences of natural and manmade disasters such as storms, landslide, earthquakes, riots, strikes, explosions, terrorist activities, theft, etc.
- ✔Two-wheeler insurance policy provides the policyholders with financial coverage against various damage including theft incurred to or by the insured scooty vehicle.
- ✔If you don’t have a valid two-wheeler insurance policy, you will have to bear the complete financial load in the case of damages or loss coming out of an unforeseen accident causing to or by your scooty.
- ✔In case of such incidents, you will be entitled to the pre-decided Sum Insured as mentioned in your valid bike insurance policy.
- ✔To avail all these benefits, you will have to pay a pre-determined premium on your bike insurance policy over a certain period to the insurance provider.
- ✔On scooty insurance policy, Personal Accident Coverage extends to up to Rs.1 lakh in the event of damages caused to the insured two-wheeler vehicle as a result of an unforeseen accident.
- ✔Insurers offer cost-effective scooty insurance policy at pre-negotiated premium rates. The premium of scooty insurance starts from an amount as minimum as Rs. 600 only.
It is both essential and necessary to have a scooty insurance policy provided that it offers you financial security against unforeseen accidents that may cause damages to your vehicle, damages to the property of others (a third-party), and physical injury to the rider, pedestrians/pillion or any damage to the insure scooty itself.
What You Gain with a scooty Policy
- ✔Legal Protection: Since it is mandated by law to own third-party policy to become eligible for riding your scooty on the Indian roads, you will be protected against any legal liability claim that may arise out of third party damage causing your vehicle.
- ✔Peace of Mind: Since you know you are financially protected against the scooty accidental damage repair expenses, you unquestionably have ultimate peace of mind.
- ✔Personal Accident (PA) Cover: The insurance providers offer coverage for up to the sum of Rs.1 lakh. This amount is payable in case of incidents where the policyholder suffers total permanent disability or dies as a result of an accident.
- ✔No Financial Obligations: A good scooty insurance policy provides you with a financial shield in case of theft or any other accidental damages caused by or to your scooty vehicle.
There are two types of scooty insurance policy:
- ✔Third-Party Liability Insurance or Liability Only Cover
- ✔Comprehensive or Package Policy
THIRD-PARTY LIABILITY INSURANCE OR LIABILITY ONLY COVER
As per the Motor Vehicles Act 1988, third-party liability cover is compulsory in India. It offers coverage only against the loss or damages caused by the insured vehicle to any third-party person or property.
It's important to note here that the insurance provider will not cover any damages, loss or theft of the insured Scotty itself under this type of plan.
COMPREHENSIVE OR PACKAGE POLICY
To fully protect your scooty, you should go for a comprehensive scooty insurance policy. Since it offers entire financial security against the scooty's own damages as well as any third-party damages or loss caused by the vehicle insured. You don't have to lose sleep if your scooty gets stolen since a comprehensive policy also offers protection against theft of the two-wheeler.
A third party policy has been designed to cover any legal liability which may be caused by the vehicle insured. A third party scooty insurance policy offers you financial protection in the event of injuries or damages caused by your two-wheeler to another person (third party) or their property. As per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, it is compulsory to have a third party plan.
Coverage of Third Party Scooty Insurance
- ✔Third-Party Legal Liability: It offers liability cover in case bodily injury to or death of a third-party person.
- ✔Third-Party Property Damage: It covers any damage to the property of a third party up to ₹7.5 lakh.
- ✔Personal Accident (PA) Cover: The policy offers compulsory protection for owner-driver, and also offers an optional pillion rider cover.
What the Third-Party Scooty Insurance Doesn't Cover?
- ✔Accidental damage/loss incurred by the third party that might have caused by a consequential loss is not covered
- ✔Third-party liability policy doesn’t cover any own-damage to your scooty. Any damage incurred to the scooty owing to an accident is not covered. Hence, you will have to pay from your pocket in case of damage repairing.
- ✔Damage from nuclear weapons or radioactive contamination.
- ✔Loss or accidental damage or liability outside the geographical area.
- ✔Contractual liability is not covered under this plan.
- ✔Damage, loss or liability caused by invasion, war or warlike situations.
Here's what comprehensive scooty insurance offers:
- ✔Own Damage cover
- Third-party legal liability
- Compensation against property damage
- PA Cover for the owner/driver and Optional Pillion Rider Cover
Comprehensive Policy Coverage
- ✔Own Damage: A comprehensive scooty insurance policy offers a financial shield against any damage that could incur because of any natural or man-made perils.
- ✔For example, if your scooty is stolen or burned, a comprehensive policy will offer you compensation.
- ✔A comprehensive scooty insurance policy provides coverage for scooty's own damage repair costs as well as any third-party legal liability.
- ✔With a comprehensive scooty insurance plan, you are covered for both third party liability as well as own damage.
Your scooty is protected under a comprehensive plan in the event of any damages owing to the below-mentioned:
- ✔Fire, explosion, self-ignition, lightning, etc.
- ✔Earthquake, hurricane, tornado, flood, typhoon, storm, inundation, tempest, etc.
- ✔Any malicious act, riot, theft, housebreaking, burglary, strike
- ✔Terrorist activity
- ✔Cyclone, hailstorm, rockslide, frost, landslide, etc.
- ✔Accident by external means
- ✔Any damage incurred while in transit by rail, road, lift, elevator, inland waterway, air, etc.
What Does the Comprehensive Scooty Insurance Not Cover?
There is no doubt about that fact that a comprehensive plan provides will all probable damages due to numerous man-made as well as natural disasters to the scooty. However, there are also several exclusions of this type of motor insurance plan:
- ✔Using private two-wheeler vehicle for commercial purposes
- ✔Any damage incurred while driving without a valid license
- ✔Any damage incurred when the policy has expired or is inactive
- ✔Any electrical or mechanical breakdown
- ✔No coverage for any mechanical wear or tear as a result of ageing
- ✔Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other intoxicants.
- National Two Wheeler Insurance
- New India Two Wheeler Insurance
- United India Two Wheeler Insurance
- Oriental Two Wheeler Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Two Wheeler Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance
- SBI Two Wheeler Insurance
- Iffco Tokio Two Wheeler Insurance
- Reliance Two Wheeler Insurance
- Bharti AXA Two Wheeler Insurance