The onset of old age carries with it a slew of costly illnesses. Health insurance policies for senior citizens are available from a variety of insurance providers. These health insurance policies cover a wide range of medical costs that policyholders can incur.
Individuals over the age of 60 will get medical care with a senior citizen health insurance policy. Cashless hospitalization, coverage for pre-existing conditions, daycare costs, no need for medical examination, and a higher amount insured are some of the unique advantages of senior citizen health insurance.
When you get older, you're more likely to get sick and contract illnesses. Since our later years are physically more demanding and financially less secure, having a health insurance policy to cover medical emergencies is a wise decision.
Senior citizens' health insurance plans provide benefits such as critical illness coverage, cashless hospitalization, and specific coverage for illnesses such as stroke and cancer, among others.
Let's take a look at why senior health insurance is so important:
Features of Senior Citizen Health Insurance
A senior citizen health insurance policy will assist you in dealing with a variety of unexpected medical emergencies. Here are a few key features that illustrate why senior citizen health insurance is so relevant:
- Senior citizen health insurance policies provide health insurance coverage to those over the age of 60.
- Pre-medical screening is not needed in most policies.
- The majority of senior citizen health insurance policies have a 15-day free-look period to review the policy terms.
- Annual medical examinations are given free of charge to policyholders.
- Pre-existing ailments are covered under most senior citizen health insurance plans.
Benefits of Senior Citizen Health Insurance
The key benefits of senior citizen health insurance are:
A claim settlement process that is fast, simple, and painless.
- When a policyholder is hospitalized for more than 24 hours, cashless hospitalization facility is provided.
- Doctor's fees, room costs, medical bills, in-patient hospitalization expenses, and other expenses are covered.
- The majority of plans have a lifetime renewal option.
- The cost of an emergency ambulance is covered.
- Covers pre and post-hospitalization expenses.
- Covers pre-existing ailments, subject to terms & conditions mentioned in the policy document.
Several health insurance companies in India offer a variety of health insurance policies tailored specifically for senior citizens. Before making a final decision, it is a good idea to try out some of the best health insurance policies and compare them side by side. Cost, coverage, inclusions, exclusions, waiting time, and riders are all variables that can be compared.