With the increasing costs of medical treatments, health insurance has become a necessity to all. Since aged people are more prone to repeated illness, there may be multiple occurrences of hospitalization in a year. Hence, you must opt for senior citizen health insurance plan for your parents. Health Insurance for Senior Citizens in India is particularly designed for the elderly people. By opting for such plan, you can stay worry-free from any future emergency pertaining to the elderly members of your family. Nowadays, you can get ample range of health insurance for senior citizens from number of health insurance companies which leave you confused that which will be better for your parents. That is why it is always suggested to compare senior citizens health insurance quotes available online while purchasing the policy. Read on below to know more about health insurance for senior citizens in India.
- √Elderly people who are aged 65 years and above can eligible for this policy
- √The premium of senior citizen medicalim policy depends on the age of individual.
- √Under this plan, you can enjoy higher sum insured benefit.
- √Health insurance for senior citizens offers free-look period.
- √You can get day care costs that arise due to the use of special equipments during dialysis and chemotherapy procedures.
- √The most useful feature of senior citizen health insurance plan is cashless hospitalization. It can be availed if the patient is admitted for more than 24 hours. This cashless hospitalization contains doctor fees, medical bills, room charges, etc.
- √Medical tests are not required before availing mediclaim policies. Although it depends on one insure to another.
- √Annual health check-ups are also covered by senior citizens mediclaim policies.
- √Ambulance charges are covered.
- √You can get tax benefit on insurance premiums.
- √Policy renewal is available.
- √Pre-existing ailments are covered that are subject to terms mentioned in the policy document.
- √Pre and Post hospitalization expenses are covered, but it depends on the number of days
- √Fast and effortless claim settlement option is available for senior citizens health insurance plan.
- √Domiciliary hospitalization expenses are also available under this policy.
People think that if they buy any health insurance policies, they will get all-inclusive coverage. But the thing is not like that, there are certain limitations. Here, you will get to know about the exclusions of senior citizens mediclaim policies.
- √Any treatments regarding injury due to war, act of foreign army are not covered.
- √Any illness within 30 days of availing the policy.
- √Treatment costs related to injuries caused by own-self are also excluded from this plan
- √Non-allopathic treatments
- √Medical Expenses as a result of drug abuse
- √Medical costs during treatments of AIDS
- √Certain diseases like joint replacement, cosmetic surgery etc. are covered only after 2 years of availing the policy
- √Expenses of spectacles or lenses and dental treatment are not covered (except arising out of accident).
As there are multiple health insurers for senior citizen health insurance, you may think which insurer will be the best for you. Well, in such case it is always suggested to compare health insurance quotes. Comparison is the right step to choose the best health insurance for senior citizenn. The same process is mandatory while renewing mediclaim policies for senior citizens. GIBL.IN, an online insurance broking portal can help you in this regard. This portal offers free quotes for senior citizen health insurance policies in India. Hence, if you are looking for the best health insurance for senior citizens at the best priced, you must visit the website of GIBL.IN.
Senior citizen medical insurance plans are meant completely for those who are aged 60 years or more at the time of buying insurance policies. The features and the nature of senior citizen mediclaim plans are different from the basic regular plans. Therefore, someone who is not entitled to buy a regular health insurance plan, because of age limits, should only consider senior citizen health insurance plan. Though, you have to pay a bit higher premium than regular, this is a must buy.
- Apollo Munich Easy Health Plan
- Bajaj Allianz Heath Guard
- Star Health Senior Citizen Red Carpet Health Insurance Policy
- Apollo Munich Optima Restore Individual Plan
- MaxBupa Heart Beat Family First Plan
- Bharti AXA Smart Health Insurance
- Oriental Happy Family Floater Plan
- Star Health Family Health Optima Plan
- National Parivar Mediclaim for Family
- New India Janata Mediclaim Policy