As per the Motor Vehicles Act, all two wheeler vehicles need to have a two wheeler insurance policy or bike insurance to cover third-party liabilities at least. Two wheeler insurance policies can broadly be categorized in two types.
Third-party two wheeler insurance policy
This type of two wheeler insurance policy, as the name suggests, is designed to take care of third-party liabilities only. Any bodily injury or property damage of third-party will get the coverage through this two wheeler insurance plan. However, it is not advisable that you go for third-party two wheeler insurance policies. Even if the premium quotes of bike insurance are low, this feature of the two wheeler insurance coverage doesn't encompass all possible risks.
Comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy
This type of two wheeler insurance offers extensive coverage as risks pertaining to both the insured vehicle and third party. You should go for this type of two wheeler insurance policy to avoid legal hazards.
Some salient features and key benefits of two wheeler insurance online
A comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy typically endows policyholders with the following benefits. However, features of a two wheeler insurance policy may vary from one insurer to another.
A comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy typically endows policyholders with
the following benefits. However, features of two wheeler insurance policy may vary
from one insurer to another.
- To avail a two wheeler insurance policy online you have to go through very minimal paperwork and the two wheeler insurance policy is issued instantly once the premiums are paid for a fresh policy or bike insurance online renewal.
- You can make cashless bike insurance claims for servicing of your bike in selected garages in the network of your chosen two-wheeler insurance company.
- Apart from that through the two wheeler insurance the driver or owner of the two wheeler, other passengers are also entitled to opt for personal accident cover
- On your online bike insurance renewal, you are eligible for NCB if you didn't make any two wheeler insurance claim during the previous policy year.
- You can change your two wheeler insurance policy provider and can also carry all the NCB that you have accumulated forward to the new insurer to get reduced premium quotes on two wheeler insurance renewal
- You can qualify for other discounts to minimize premium quotes as well if you install anti-theft devices in your two-wheeler, there are also facilities in some two wheeler insurance.
- Online two wheeler insurance plans come with a range of add-on covers in bike insurance which gives you options to enhance the coverage of your two wheeler insurance online.
To-wheeler insurance Protection against third-party liabilities
In case your vehicle causes any accident in the road that leads to death or disability or injury to any third party or property damage, you will remain free from all liabilities by depending the on the coverage of bike insurance plan offered by comprehensive two-wheeler insurance company.
Two-wheeler insurance Coverage against personal accident
Your two wheeler insurance will protect your bike or scooter from all the possible natural and manmade calamities like, Fire, earthquake, explosion, flood, self-ignition, typhoon, lightning, storm, hurricane, inundation, tempest, cyclone, frost, hailstorm, rockslide, landslide etc as well as riot, theft issues, burglary etc. Through depending on the best two-wheeler insurance you will get the complete coverage from such incidents.
Two wheeler insurance coverage against damage or loss
In case your vehicle cause any accident in the road that leads to death or disability or injury to any third party or damage to any third party property you will remain free from all liabilities through this aspect of the two-wheeler insurance coverage offered by a comprehensive bike insurance plan.
Additional coverage of two-wheeler insurance
Most of the bike insurance policies in India offer extended coverage through the two wheeler insurance and the other components of the vehicle such as electrical and non-electrical accessories and fuels.