As the motor insurance is the legal compulsion in India, so it becomes the most selling insurance products in the country. But many policyholders do not aware what they should do to get an insurance claim. Here, we will provide some brief ideas about the claim process of motor insurance. You need to follow different types of steps, according to the accidents. Just take a look. In case of massive accidents,
- Firstly, you should inform your car insurance company and register the car insurance claim.
- You also need to lodge an FIR in the nearest police station mentioning the whole incident in details.
- Car insurance company will send a surveyor for inspection and until that you have to keep your car on the accident spot. After that claim process will begin once the surveyor submit the report.
In the case any minor accidents,
- You can inform your car insurance company after removing the car from the spot.
- Then calculate the amount of your loss and file car insurance claim to the car insurance company.
- The company will send surveyor for evaluating the loss and the claim process will start after surveyor’s testimony to the company.