According to a senior of Agriculture Ministry official, for executing the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana or PMFBY, Centre has permitted states to establish their own insurance companies. The step comes into appearance after several requests from states. Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) have also made observations in its 2017 report that old crop insurances policies which have now been combined with PMFBY. The policies were feebly implemented for the duration of 2011-2016. A Center official told that they have already allowed the states to set up their own crop insurance companies to implement PMFBY to contribute in bidding process. The sates have presently enlisted five public sector insurers and 13 private insurers. The public insurers include National Insurance Company (NIC), Oriental Insurance Company (OIC), Agriculture Insurance Company of India (AIC), United India Insurance Company (UICC), and New India Assurance. This PMFBY has launched in April 2016 and offers comprehensive coverage for crop insurance from pre-sowing to post crop production against unavoidable natural hazards at enormously low premium rate of 2 per cent for kharif harvest, 1.5 per cent for rabi crops and 5 per cent for horticulture.
You May Also Like:
- Make your travel a pleasant one by National Travel Insurance plan
- Renewal procedure of National Insurance Online plan
- A brief synopsis of National Insurance Company
- National Insurance Company will merge with United India Insurance and Oriental Insurance Company
- Looking for Motor Insurance plans? - Go ahead with National Insurance Company
- Availability of the services and products of National Insurance Company
- National Two-Wheeler insurance policy offers the best security for your two-wheeler
- Some incredible policies provided by National Health Insurance
- National Insurance Varistha Mediclaim Policy Can Be Considered the Best Health Insurance Policy Available in India for Senior Citizens So Far…
- Why you need to purchase the health insurance plan of National Insurance?