The numbers of accidents are increasing day by day. Every day, we hear in the news that this accident occurred on this road and that accident on that road. These accidents not only change the lives of the family members emotionally, but they also have a major impact on the financial status of the family. In such cases, if the person has an accident cover, it would be very easy to at least pay for the hospital expenses and the emotional breakdown would be a little easier to lift up later. TheMax Bupa Personal accident policy is one such policy that you can rely on. The features of this policy have been discussed in detail here.
Some of the key features of this policy which would surely convince you to go for it have been discussed as under:
- ✔Sum paid in case of Death:In case the insured dies because of accident, the sum assured under the Max Bupa Personal accident would be paid to the family of the assured as it is. Also, an additional amount of Rs 5,000 would be paid for the expenses of the funeral of the insured.
- ✔125% paid in case of permanent total disability:In case the accident brings some kind of total disability which is permanent in nature, the insured covered under the policy would be able to claim a sum of 125% of the principal amount that was insured in the beginning of the term policy.
- ✔100% paid in case of permanent partial disability:In case the accident does not bring total disability, but partial disability, the insured would be entitled for a payment of 100% of the sum assured in the beginning of the term policy.
- ✔Benefit to the Child:Children of the insured might be highly affected when he goes through an accident. To cover the educational expenses of the children, the company would pay 5% of the sum insured or Rs. 50,000 (lower one). However, this benefit is applicable only on those cases where the insured has covered his children along with himself.
- ✔Elective Surgery:In case the insured opts for elective surgery, which was not required, the claim cannot be done. Further, if the treatment some changes in the physical appearance of the person, for example, weight gain and the person opts to treat that as well, it would not be covered.
- ✔Cosmetic Surgeries:Any cosmetic surgery, which was not related to the accident and is not counted as the accidental injury would not be covered. Further, surgeries related to impotence or pregnancies would not be covered.
- ✔Additional Exclusions:Some other treatments such as experimental treatments to alternative treatments when there were cheaper options available, or hospitalization for the diagnostic purposes only, would not be covered under the policy.
|Name of the Benefit||Advantage of the Benefit|
|Life Long Renewal||The policy can be renewed year after year, which makes it a lifetime policy|
|Flexible policy term||One can choose between 1 year or 2 years|
|Discount available||In case one selects for a 2 year policy, a discount would be available for the premium of the second year.|
|Termination is easy||Termination of the policy is also very easy if one is not satisfied with it, just provide a 30 day notice period.|
Are there any restrictions on the time period for which the policy can be bought?
Yes, you can apply for the policy for a minimum of a period of 1 year. Further, you can get a policy for a maximum of 2 year period and in case you decide after 2 years that you want to extend the policy, you can do so by renewing it.
Can I buy the policy Online?
Yes, this is one of the biggest advantages of the Max Bupa Personal accident policy; you can buy it online without even having to move from your house.
Are there any age restrictions for buying the policy?
Yes, if you are an adult, you can buy the policy only if you are older than 18 years and younger than 65 years of age. Further, if buying the policy for the child, the child has to be either older than 5 years or younger than 21 years of age.
People Also Search For:Best Health Insurance | Best Mediclaim Policy | Buy Health Insurance | Cashless Medical Insurance | Compare Health Insurance | Family Health Insurance | Health Insurance Companies | Health Insurance India | - Health Insurance Plans | Mediclaim Policy For Family | Mediclaim Policy For Senior Citizens | Online Health Insurance |
- Apollo Munich Easy Health Plan
- Bajaj Allianz Heath Guard
- Star Health Senior Citizen Red Carpet Health Insurance Policy
- Apollo Munich Optima Restore Individual Plan
- MaxBupa Heart Beat Family First Plan
- Bharti AXA Smart Health Insurance
- Oriental Happy Family Floater Plan
- Star Health Family Health Optima Plan
- National Parivar Mediclaim for Family
- New India Janata Mediclaim Policy