SBI General Insurance Company Limited is considered one of the leading non-life insurers in India. It is a joint venture between Insurance Australia Group (IAG) and the State Bank of India. The company offers various types of general insurance products. In terms of health insurance, SBI General Insurance health plans offer you achieve better health and a sense of security as well. An unexpected illness or injury can leave you economically distressed due to the rising health care costs. But if you buy SBI General health insurance policy, you can control your medical costs more conveniently. SBI health insurance policies offer tailor-made insurance products to their customers.
- ✔SBI General health insurance policy offers the minimum and maximum Sum Insured of Rs. 50,000 and Rs.500, 000 respectively.
- ✔People up to the age group of 45 do not need to undergo for medical tests.
- ✔Under SBI General Insurance Family Floater policy, you can get comprehensive protection for your family members under one single Policy.
- ✔This policy covers Pre-Hospitalization expenses for 30 days and Post-Hospitalization Expenses for 60 days.
- ✔Available plan options under SBI General health insurance policy are Metro Plan, Semi Metro Plan & Rest of India.
- ✔SBI General health insurance policy can be bought or renewed online. You can also get free quotes on buying policies.
Due to the sedentary lifestyles of individuals make them more prone to illness which requires frequent hospitalization. And the rising medical costs force every individual to have a proper health insurance plan. Here we will discuss why health insurance from SBI General Insurance in India.
- ✔The company offers attractive mediclaim insurance coverage options. A potential consumer of SBI General health insurance policy can choose a Sum Insured amount as per his/her needs and financial limits without any hassle.
- ✔The best part of SBI General medical insurance is that it provides a wide range of plan options which give customers the flexibility to make choices as per their personal preferences.
- ✔It provides coverage of room rent and ICU rent; operation and consultancy charges also do not have any sub-limits.
- ✔At SBI General Insurance, you can renew other insurer mediclaim policies.
- ✔Under Section 80D of Income Tax Act, you can enjoy tax benefits if you buy SBI health insurance policy.
- ✔The company offers free Medical check-up for every 4 claim free years upto the maximum of Rs.2, 500.
- ✔24*7 claim assistance services are available because of the well-trained customer support team.
- ✔Sometimes you can avail attractive discounts on premium.
Different types of health insurance plans are offered by SBI General Insurance Company Limited in India. The plans are:-
Arogya Plus Policy
- •SBI General Arogya Plus Policy is offered at a flat premium that is same for all ages. The yearly premiums under this policy are Rs. 8,900/-, Rs. 13,350/- or Rs. 17,800/- against the Sum Insured of Rs. 1 lakh, Rs. 2 lakh and Rs. 3 lakh respectively.
- •The policy provides Sum Insured options of Rs. 1, 00,000/-, Rs. 2, 00,000/- and Rs. 3, 00,000/- for hospitalization of the insured. The OPD repayment depends on a number of factors like premium, age and family type.
- •Comes with two plan options: Individual and Family with Sum Insured for dependents being less or equal than the Sum Insured for the main party.
- •The minimum and maximum age limit to sign up for this plan are 3 months and 65 years respectively.
- •The policy is offered with three tenure options – 1 year, 2 years and 3 years.
- •It has no sublimit on maternity expenses, covering them against the full Sum Insured of the policy. The policy also treats maternity expenses under OPD benefit, given that the maternity expenses were incurred 9 months after the taking of the policy.
- •The policy doesn’t cover any pre-existing disease for the first 4 years of the plan and a number of specified illnesses for the first year of policy.
- •Arogya Plus Policy offers coverage against the ambulance expenses up to Rs. 1,500.
- •The policy does not require any medical tests for people aged 55 years or below on condition that they have no medical history.
- •Pre and post hospitalization expenses are covered for 60 and 90 days respectively.
- •Tax benefit can be claimed under section 80D of the Income Tax Act with this policy.
- •The policy covers 142 OPD (day care) procedures.
Arogya Premier Policy
- •Arogya Premier Policy comes with a wide range of coverage starting from Rs. 10,00,000/- and going up to Rs. 30,00,000/-.
- •The minimum and maximum age to sign up for this policy are 3 months and 65 years respectively.
- •This SBI General Health Insurance Plan can be taken for a period of 1, 2 or 3 years. The policy offers a discount of 5% for 2 the year plan and 7.5% for the 3 year plan.
- •Pre and post hospitalization expenses are covered under this policy for 60 and 90 days respectively.
- •The policy can be availed on individual, family and floater basis. Family includes the insured person, his/her spouse, parents, children and parents-in-law under the family plan. The family floater option includes the self, the spouse and dependent children up to 23 years of age.
- •After the initial period of 9 months following the policy inception maternity expenses are covered.
- •The policy provides the reimbursement of health check-up benefits for up to Rs. 5,000/- given that no claims have been made for 4 years.
- •The policy offers protection against 142 day care procedures and also covers organ donor expenses.
- •Under this plan, the full Sum Assured will be automatically reinstated without the need for an additional premium if the amount is any way reduced due to a claim.
- •No medical tests will be required for people aged 55 years or below and for people who have no medical history.
- •The policy covers ambulance costs (including air ambulance) for up to Rs. 1,00,000/-.
- •Come with a grace period of 30 days from end of policy term for renewing the policy.
- •For each claim-free year cumulative bonus of 10% of Sum Assured is offered, subject to a maximum of 50%.
- •The policy offers tax rebate under section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Arogya Top up Policy
- •For people up to the age of 55 years no medical tests are required.
- •The plan comes on Individual/Family and Family Floater basis with the Family plan also comprising the parents and parents-in-law along with the insured, his/her spouse and dependent children. The Family Floater plan does not comprise the parents or the parents-in-law.
- •The policy is offered on the term of 1, 2 or 3 years, with a 5% discount in premium for 2 year plan and 7.5% for a 3 year policy.
- •Provides a large coverage options starting from Rs. 1, 00,000/- and up to Rs. 50, 00,000/- with deductible option of Rs. 1,00,000/- to Rs. 10,00,000/-. The deductible option comes in multiples of 1 lakh rupees.
- • The policy covers over 142 day care expenses, even organ donor expenses and even maternity expenses (after the first 9 months of taking the policy.
- •Comes with a health insurance claim cover for 60 days and 90 days for pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization respectively.
- •The policy offers a reimbursement up to Rs. 5,000/- for ambulance charges.
- •The policy is offered with a grace period of 30 days from the last day of the policy tenure.
- •Tax benefits under section 80D of the Income Tax Act can be availed under this plan.
- • Alternative treatments such as Yoga, Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homeopathy (AYUSH) is covered under the plan.
SBI General Hospital Daily Cash Insurance Policy
- •Offers daily cash benefit of up to Rs.4,000/- per day of the ICU hospitalization.
- •Provides daily cash benefit of up to Rs.2,000/- per day of hospitalization.
- •The policy covers pre and post hospitalization expenses for up to 30 and 60 days respectively.
- •Offers daily cash benefit of up to Rs.4,000/- per day in case of accidental hospitalization.
- •Minimum age to sign up for this policy is 18 years while the maximum age for entry is 65 years.
Critical Illness Insurance Policy
- •The policy comes with up to 50, 00,000/- Sum Assured.
- •Pre and post hospitalization costs are covered for 30 and 60 days respectively.
- •Illness that are covered under this policy are: Kidney Failure, Cancer, first heart attack, coronary artery bypass surgery, stroke, major organ transplant, primary pulmonary arterial hypertension, aorta graft surgery, permanent paralysis of the limbs and multiple sclerosis etc.
- •Minimum Entry age for this policy is 18 years while the Maximum Entry age is 65 years.
- •The policy pays insurance benefit only if the insured has been alive for a period of above 28 days from the day of 1st diagnosis.
- •Availability of cashless facility across the network hospitals of SBI.
- •Under this plan, only one critical illness shall be covered in one lifetime.
SBI Group Health Insurance
- •The fees of a Medical Practitioner and Specialists shall be covered under this SBI General health insurance plan this plan.
- •He charges for Boarding & Nursing Charges, ICU charges etc. are covered under this plan.
- •The policy allows Sum Insured of up to Rs. 7,50,000/- under the plan.
- •The minimum age to get entry under this policy is 3 months.
- •Blood, Anaesthesia, Operation Theatre charges, Oxygen, Medicines & Drugs, Surgical Appliances, X-ray and Diagnostic Materials, Chemotherapy, Dialysis, Cost of Pacemaker, Radiotherapy, internal implants/ prosthesis and any medical expenses incurred which is an essential part of the operation is covered under this plan.
- •Some of the additional facilities provided with the policy follow:
- •The policy covers infants from day one under the Family Floater Cover Plans
- •Ambulance charges, Maternity Cover is offered with 9 months of waiting period and without 9 months of waiting period.
- •This SBI General Health insurance policy offers waiver for waiting period for first 30 Days & particular diseases for the First year.
- •Pre-existing Diseases will be covered under this plan from Day One.
Arogya Plus Policy has been developed to help against the tide of rising costs of hospitalization and OPD expenses, and makes sure that the policyholders do not have to spend too much of their hard-earned money on hospital bills. These medical bills can be crippling and create a deep hollow on people’s present and future financials. Besides that, most of the health insurance policies in the market provide a limited cover against the medical expenses.
Furthermore, these covers do not offer protestation against day OPD costs and consequently the individual is left to financially struggle on their own against all these expenses. That’s exactly where the SBI General Arogya Plus Policy helps people to tide over such expenses. Let’s find out the essential features of this plan below:-
The Arogya Premier Policy from SBI General Insurance has been designed for individuals with high net worth. The policy offers a much wider range of medical coverage options. Along with standard western medicine, the policy also provides coverage against the traditional AYUSH (Yoga, Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homeopathy) forms of medical treatments. These substitute treatments have to be undertaken in a government hospital or any such medical institution accredited by the Quality Council of India or the National Accreditation Board on Health which was established by the Quality Council accreditation and related programmers for the healthcare sector.
The Arogya Premier Policy provides guaranteed peace of mind and total security to an individual since he/she can take the policy for himself/herself as well as his/her family. SBI General has gone further and powered the policy with plentiful advantages like a hassle-free buying or renewal process, health checkups at regular intervals, a relaxed age limit, accumulated bonus option, tax savings, and coverage over a huge number of diseases and illnesses. The essential features of this plan are listed below:-
Arogya Top Up Policy from SBI General Insurance Company is an ideal choice to deal with the expenses of any unanticipated critical event like illnesses or accidents over and above the basic health insurance plan. With a bulky top up cover, the policy helps the individual and the family (under the floater plan), cope up with the huge expenses of hospitalization and recovery nowadays. Some of the essential features of the plan are listed below:
The maximum asset that every human can evenly possess is Health. There is no indemnity and most of the times we are totally uninformed of the shortcomings with regards to health. It leaves an individual distressed both mentally and financially. The degree of this stress is utterly unimaginable. SBI Hospital Daily Cash Insurance Policy has been designed to help you overcome and cope with such circumstances in a better way.
This health insurance plan from SBI provides you with a fixed benefit for each day hospitalization costs. Hence, the plan covers various expenses that are usually not covered under any traditional health insurance policies. The essential features of this policy are listed below:-
We all are aware of the fact that life can be unexpected and sometimes, a series of unforeseen events can put us in an unfavorable circumstance. Critical Illness undoubtedly can be specified as one of those events that can demolish you emotionally as well as financially. At times, the patients and their family members are not capable of incurring such high expenses of medication. Therefore, this particular health insurance plan from SBI General offers coverage against at least 13 critical illnesses.
The SBI General Critical Illness insurance plan provides a fixed sum, regardless of your actual medical costs and helps you put up with high cost and thereby keeps you financially stable. Some of the essential features of this plan is listed below:-
It’s quite understandable that our life doesn’t follow any fixed outline of well being. We might be in a peak condition and after few days we still may remain the same. But at times, our sickness can result to critical disease or illness. Health insurance policy helps you to be in charge of the unanticipated turn of events. Health plans make sure that your are safeguarded both financially and mentally by helping you to leave yours stress behind.
Group Health Insurance Policy from SBI General Insurance Company helps you to protect you and your family by and taking care of the costs of medical treatment. Hence, the policy ensures good health and makes the whole process totally stress free. A number of essential features of SBI Group Health Insurance Policy are mentioned below:-
- ✔Diseases within 30 days of availing insurance.
- ✔Certain surgeries like Hernia, Hydrocele etc will be covered after a waiting period of 1 year.
- ✔Cataract, Hysterectomy etc will be covered after a waiting period of 2 years from the commencement of policy.
- ✔Surgery of joint replacement will be covered after a waiting period of 3 years from the beginning of policy. But there is an exception in case of any accident.
- ✔Sexually transmitted disease and HIV (AIDS) are not included under SBI General medical insurance.
- ✔Treatments with alternative medication like acupuncture, acupressure, osteopath, naturopathy etc are excluded from SBI Health insurance.
- ✔Treatments arising from pregnancy and childbirth.
- ✔Congenital diseases.
Renewing your health insurance policy is extremely important in protecting yourself from any future emergencies. You should set reminders for your SBI General health insurance renewal dates so that you never miss your plan’s renewal date. SBI General health insurance online renewal is easy, smooth, quick and user-friendly. You can renew your SBI General medical insurance plan with just a few mouse clicks. To complete the SBI General health insurance online renewal, you need to follow the below mentioned steps.
- ✔At first, you have to log into the online portal of the Company.
- ✔Then select ‘Renew Your Policy’ tab and enter which health insurance policy you want to renew to initiate your SBI General health insurance renewal process.
- ✔Now click on ‘Renew’ for instant SBI health insurance online renewal.
- ✔Thereafter, you have to pay the premium digitally for the successful completion of your SBI General health insurance renewal.
- ✔Finally, you will receive an authentication mail in your registered mail id. You can download and save your SBI General health insurance online renewal for your future use.
People Also Search For:SBI General Critical Illness Policy | SBI Hospital Daily Cash Insurance | Buy Health Insurance | Cashless Medical Insurance | Compare Health Insurance | Family Health Insurance | Health Insurance Companies | Health Insurance India | Health Insurance Plans | Mediclaim Policy For Family | Mediclaim Policy For Senior Citizens | Online Health Insurance
1. What does national health insurance mean?
National health insurance is a health insurance system that offers health insurance to a national population against the cost of health care.
2. How is health insurance used?
When you have a health insurance policy, the health insurance company provides financial support in case of serious illness or damages in exchange of a yearly premium. The health insurance company either pays in reimbursement or pays the care directly.
3. What is a public health plan?
Public health plan is a health insurance plan offered by government health insurance providers to the people with lower income so they can pay for their medical care.
4. How much is health insurance for a family of four?
According to Forbes, the premium of health insurance for a family of four is $25,826 per year.
5. Which type of insurance is provided for the people through their employers?
Group insurance policy or private insurance is generally provided for the people through their employers.