When it comes to choosing the best health insurance plan for us or our family, for most of the time, we all are clueless. We generally can’t fix a particular health insurance when we consider buying one. To take this load off of your shoulder, I’m going to give you a glance at the top 10 best health insurance plans that you must consider buying in 2021.
In today’s world, you can’t really deny the significance of having health insurance. The price of medical treatment is rising at full pace on a daily basis and you can’t really predict your hospital bills.
However, when it comes to mediclaim policies, the market is already packed with different options to explore and it’s completely up to you to pick the desired health insurance plan intelligently. And we can understand that it can be a tough job for you. So, to provide you with ease I’m giving you a list of top 10 health insurance policies you can consider buying in 2021.
This is basically a comprehensive health insurance plan. Let’s find out the special features of this plan as to why it’s among the top 10 health insurance plans in 2019.
- The policy has been designed to help you and your family during a medical emergency.
- This health insurance plan comes out with no upper age limit bar. Now this means that it can be applied to a 100 years old person or individual.
- Religare care offers free health check-up once every year, regardless of claims filed, to individuals of age 18 years and over.
- This health plan provides no claim bonus (NCB) super add-on cover which makes no claim benefit equivalent to 60% of the Sum Insured.
- The policy comprises a number of specific treatments that can be done anywhere in the world for Sum Insured of INR 50, 00,000/- and above.
- It covers ICU charges, ambulance charges, room rent, domiciliary expenses, day care procedures, medical check-up and pre and post hospitalization expenses.
- The policy also covers every hospital expense incurred.
Active Assure Diamond Plan from Aditya Birla comes at an affordable premium. This health insurance plan offers a range of benefits as well as extensive coverage. This health plan has been designed to provide you comprehensive health coverage. Some of the unique features and benefits of this health insurance plan are listed below.
- This health insurance plan offers refill of the Sum Insured, in case the Sum Insured and No Claim Bonus (NCB)/Super No Claim Bonus is exhausted.
- Under this plan, an insured can get up to 150% of additional Sum Insured (Rs. 50 lakhs at the highest) for hospitalization in case of an unrelated illness.
- It offers coverage for alternative treatment procurers like unani, ayurveda, homeopathy and siddha for a pre-decided limit.
- Covers the pre-hospitalization expenses for 60 days and post-hospitalization expense for up to 180 days.
- The plan will also cover personalized coaching by health professional who will instruct and guide the insured person in case they’re suffering from hyperlipidemia, hypertension, diabetes, asthma etc.
- Aditya Birla Active Assure Diamond Plan covers a second opinion for a major critical illness like kidney failure, heart attack, cancer etc from a doctor of a network hospital.
Apollo Munich's Optima Restore Health Insurance Plan is basically a comprehensive policy that comes with useful features like the Restore benefits. Let’s find out some of the unique features and benefits of this plan below.
- This policy has been designed to offer better coverage. The minimum Sum Insured itself is around 3 lakhs.
- This health plan automatically gives back the basic Sum Insured in case it is completely exhausted during a policy year.
- In case the coverage is used up, the Sum Insured is restored back at no additional cost.
- The policy also comes with a multiplier benefit in case policy claimed has been filed.
- The multiplier benefit under this plan doubles the Sum Insured in 2 claim free years
- You can get coverage for up to Rs. 50 lakhs by paying a higher premium with this health insurance plan.
- The policy also comes with children cover. It can cover children as young as 5 years.
- The maximum age to buy this policy is restricted at 65 years. However, the policy can be renewed throughout your life in a hassle free way.
- There’s a waiting period of 3 years before you can get coverage for pre-existing diseases.
4. Cigna TTK ProHealth Plus
Cigna TTK ProHealth Plus health insurance plan has been formulated to give you value for money. The coverage that is offered under this plan is extensive while the premium payable affordable.
- You can avail benefits such as premium discounts, health-related rewards, wellness packages etc under this plan
- This health insurance plan offers a flexibility of Sum Insured among four options: Rs. 4.5 lakhs, Rs. 5.5 lakhs, Rs. 7.5 lakhs and Rs. 10 lakhs on the basis of the needs of the insurer.
- Cigna TTK ProHealth Plus plan provides pre-hospitalization expenses cover for up to 60 days and post-hospitalization expenses cover up to 180 days following hospitalization.
- This health insurance plan also provides an emergency medical coverage across the world. In case you are traveling abroad, you can avail this benefit up to the Sum Insured and it will be reimbursed by the insurer.
- It offers repayment of Rs. 2,000/- for out-patient treatment charges like doctor’s consultation fees, pharmacy expenses etc on yearly basis.
Family Health Optima health insurance plan from Star Health Insurance has been formulated to offer protection for the entire family in exchange of a single premium payment under a floater Sum Insured. Some of the unique features that have given him a spot in the top 10 health insurance plans in 2019 are following.
- The policy offers compensation against Health Checkup expenses for up to Rs. 5,000/- once every 3 years of the policy coverage
- Under a single plan, this policy offers wider coverage for the whole family and that too at a reasonable premium.
- Comes with a 100% automatic restoration of total Sum Insured
- The policy covers new-born baby from 16th day of birth
- You can avail extra Sum Insured (auto recharge) without any additional cost, up to 30% of Sum Insured.
- It covers over 400 day care procedures
- For treatment exceeding three days, Domiciliary Hospitalization Expenses are covered.
- The coverage is expended to hospital charges, ambulance expenses, in-house treatments etc.
- In case the Sum Insured is exhausted, it will be automatically restored. You can avail 3 auto-restorations in a single policy period.
- Star Health Insurance is associated with more than 6000 network hospitals.
Bajaj Allianz Health Guard health insurance policy is one of the best health plans from Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company. The policy provides total coverage against health expenses. Some of the unique features of Bajaj Allianz Health Guard policy are mentioned below.
- This health insurance plan offers cashless facility through 4000+ network hospitals all over the country.
- The policy comes with a lifelong renewal facility.
- This health insurance plan offers coverage for pre-hospitalization expenses for 60 days and post-hospitalization expenses for 90 days.
- Organ donor expenses and daycare expenses are covered under this plan.
- Under this plan you can enjoy daily cash benefits.
Sometimes an unforeseen illness can consume your hard earned lifelong savings, and force you in debts. Max Bupa Health Companion plan has been formulated to deal with all such health contingencies by securing you and your loved ones with a reliable health insurance policy. Some of the unique benefits and features of this plan is mentioned below.
- Max Bupa Health Companion plan comes with 3 variants: individual, family floater and family first.
- This health insurance plan offers comprehensive coverage up to Rs. 1 Crore Sum Insured.
- The policy covers all day care treatments.
- It also covers domiciliary treatment and organ transplant expenses.
- For additional coverage the plan offers smart Top-up options
- Cashless treatments can be availed at more than 3500 network hospitals associated with the insurer
- If you opt for a two-year policy tenure you can avail 12.5% discount on second year’s renewal premium
- You can avail hospital cash benefits in addition to the in-patient treatment benefits.
Health Suraksha plan from HDFC ERGO comes with a number of special features and benefits. Find them out below.
- There’s no restriction for the maximum age of entry under this plan.
- This health insurance plan is preferably suited for senior citizens who want to take a new policy at that age.
- The minimum entry age of this policy is fixed at 3 years.
- The coverage that is offered under this plan is in the range of 3 lakhs to 7.5 lakhs. This can be a good option for people under the middle-income group.
- You will have to wait for 4 years from inception of policy before you can coverage for pre-existing diseases.
- The best part about this health insurance plan is that you can get a discount of 5% on the premium for every year in which you do not file any claim.
- You can renew the policy throughout your life without any hassles.
Oriental Insurance Company being one of the public sector general insurance companies offers effective health insurance plans. Happy Family Floater health insurance plan from Oriental Insurance Company offers extensive coverage and benefits.
- This health insurance plan offers coverage for children as young as 3 months.
- The maximum age limit of this plan is set at 55 years.
- The coverage that comes with this plan ranges from Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 10 lakhs. This certainly provides various number flexible options so that you can choose the appropriate cover as per your health requirements.
- This health insurance plan is ideally suited for family
- You can choose to bring a maximum of 8 members under a single plan.
- The waiting period is 28 months in order to avail coverage for pre-existing diseases under this plan.
- You can avail attractive discounts of up to 20% if you have filed no claims for the entire policy period.
LifeSmart Health Insurance Plan from SBI General offers extensive coverage and benefits. Find out some of the major features of the policy below.
- This health insurance plan offers coverage for individuals in the age group of 18 years to 65 years.
- In case of coverage for children, the minimum age of entry is set at 3 months. This can be a huge advantage for parents looking for coverage for newborn babies.
- The policy offers coverage in the range of Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 5 lakhs.
- You can cover as many as 6 members under this health insurance plan if you purchase this plan for your entire family.
- For pre-existing conditions the waiting period is just 28 months.
- The exclusive feature of this health insurance plan is that the premium does not increase even if you have filed any claim and this will remain static for the period of 5 years.
Well, these are the top 10 health insurance plans you should consider for your future health requirements. When you secure yours or your family’s health with the best health plan you need not worry about paying heavy medical bills.
A small amount of premium that you will pay now will come back with unimaginable benefits. Health insurance plan will provide benefits in the long run. You can’t deny the importance of having the best health insurance plan. Everyone is well aware of the saying ‘Health is Wealth’. So, let’s just do our bit shield ourselves for the future given that emergencies can occur at any point of time.
Also keep in mind that there are various categories of health insurance that are available in the market. Concurrently, it is uniformly imperative to select the right health insurance plan which fulfills all your needs and matches your budget.
A mediclaim policy is the most protective cover that will defend your savings in the event of a health emergency and will let you recover peacefully. In order to unearth the best health insurance plan in India that suits you and your family, don’t forget to compare different health insurance policies on the basis of your family’s needs.